Way We Do is much more than a repository for policies and procedures. It is a set of actionable tools that allow you take abstract policies and work instructions off of the page and insert them into the day to day functions of your business.
One of the most important areas of your company manual to bring to the forefront is also a section that is often overlooked – Finances. Ask yourself the following questions:
- If my accountant gets sick, quits, or retires, will I be able to continue business as usual?
- Do my employees know how to correctly make bank deposits? (Or do I need to explain this process often?)
- Do we have clear restrictions and guidelines in place for handling petty cash, company credit cards, or expense reports?
- In the last six months, have we assessed the way we buy and sell company resources?
- Do we have policies in place to protect us if money goes missing?
If you were not confidently able to answer YES to all of the above questions, it is time to review and revise your finance policies.
In order to create a robust business, organizations of every size, in every industry, need to systemize the way they handle finances. You should have policies and procedures that govern the way money is handled, tracked and used throughout every part of the organization. Without clear systems in place, your business faces many financial risks that are difficult to recover from.
To help you build a complete finance section for your Way We Do manual, we have created a variety of finance procedure templates that can be easily customized, added to checklists, and adapted to your business. These templates, and more, are now available in the Way We Do Marketplace:
- Create and Send Customer Invoices
- Purchasing Assets and Equipment
- Issuing Petty Cash
- Business Credit Card Use Policy
- See all finance procedure templates…
Need more help with finance policies?
Contact our Support Team and we will be happy to answer questions and help you get your finance policy section in order.