Whether you are starting a new business or you are managing an existing one, running a small (or big) company can be overwhelming at times. It doesn’t matter if you are the next Richard Branson and you have grand global plans or simply want to run a local business that makes a difference in the community, you need proven systems to ensure security for your team and for yourself.
Way We Do is an online solution that helps you to create and implement an Operations Manual that is a living, breathing set of systems and work instructions. It’s the way that you and your team do things in your organisation to make it a success.
Here are 10 reasons why you need an Operations Manual…
- It’s your stamp of approval of how your business is presented to customers, internal team members and external stakeholders. You need to love what you create!
- It’s your money making machine! Your intellectual property, experience and investment goes into creating a system that generates profits for your business. By documenting it, you have created an asset that is worth something and that can be sold if you want to.
- Increases reliability so your customers know what to expect from your business each time. They are confident you’ll deliver what your business promised.
- Creates a customer-centric culture that generates a “wow experience” at the front line.
- Improves quality because there are standards that you expect your team to deliver to.
- It helps new team members get up to speed quickly and helps them to settle in to your organisation faster. The way a person starts a new job, impacts upon their long term opinion about your business. Make it a good one!
- Improving efficiency with documented “how-to” knowledge and checklists saves your team from over-relying upon you. You don’t need to tell people something again and again.
- A proven blueprint of your business means it could be franchised.
- Create freedom in your life. Be able to take a holiday and not to worry about whether you will have a business to come back to.
- Enable your business to become sustainable, so it can run without you when you want time out, you’re unwell, having a baby, or want to start the next venture!
What other reasons do you have to create an Operations Manual? We would love to hear your ideas!